PARAZAP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomek

Juvie Member
Has anyone ever heard of ParaZap that you sprinkle on your beardies veggies, etc. so it will kill parasites?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Parazap is an herbal alternative to medication. This does not kill the eggs. What it does it expedite the excretion of waste to get rid of higher levels of worms & or parasites. It helps to decrease the amount of undigested fecal matter in the GI tract & colon to decrease the number of eggs that could be harboring in the system.
It is strong, so it is recommended to be used with care.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are welcome.
Did your dragons need deworming, did you have a fecal done on them?

Tracie

Tomek

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie, no deworming was involved. Although, I took him to the vet and he does have coccidia. The vet gave me drops to give him for three days, then rest for three days, then three days more. He isnt eating very much, but, I think that is a side effect of the medicine. I go back to the vet in a week to test again, hopefully, it has killed the nasty little critters. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He has coccidia? The 3 day on treatment then 3 days off then 3 days again sounds fine.
Please use a probiotic during this time to help keep his system in check while he is on medication along with extra oral fluids too. The medications do tend to decrease the appetite yes but the probiotics can help to keep it on an even keel for him.

I hope he feels better soon!
Tracie

Tomek

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi again,
Yep, ! just left you a post on the other question I had on here. You mentioned extra fluids? how do I do that? he doesnt seem to be drinking on his own?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I answered on your other thread also! Yes, extra fluids are important so try to use a plastic dropper or a plastic syringe to drip onto the end of his nose. Usually they will start licking the water when it runs off of their nose. You can easily train them to drink from a dropper.

Tracie

Tomek

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hahah, I got it now !, you dont have to reply on my other thread on here. I asked the same question.

Thanks again for your help, I will keep you updated on his progress :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom