Just found out -Coccidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomek

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi again, he got a clean bill of health yesterday from the vet !! YEA !! no more parasites. But, I stopped giving the acidophiliz, should I keep giving that? I will say his appetite has decreased quite a bit, I am not sure why? he has been off him medicine for about 4 days now?

Tomek

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi again, well he went to the vet and NO MORE PARASITES !!!, but, he is not eating? he has been off his meds for 4 days now, he should be well again right?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great the parasites are gone now! :blob8:
Yes, he should begin to improve for you now, but it does take a little bit of time after a round or two of medication. Continue to give the probiotics daily for a week or two just to ensure his tummy is feeling better. Does he look hydrated & is he going to the bathroom at all?
You could try some baby food also, if you feel he might be losing some weight.

Tracie

Tomek

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie, well, he did not go to the bathroom for two days, so I stuck him in the water and he went. He seems to lick his lips quite often. I am thinking he may be thirsty. I will continue with the probiotics and hopefully, he will start to eat.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He could be dehydrated yes. Just use a dropper to try & get some extra fluids into him.
I would definitely keep using the probiotics for awhile longer to help him out. I hope his appetite gets better soon!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom