Can Beardies Get Roundworm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheline101

One of my mom's cats has roundworms (this particular cat seems to get some kind of worm every couple years, and the others never EVER do) but that's beside the point. So all five cats are being treated, even though we've only seen them on one (just in case), and I found a bunch of what I think may be roundworm eggs, so I was just curious as to whether or not anyone's ever heard of a lizard getting it. Just to be safe... The cats never really com into contact, but I still let him run around on the carpet, and the cats go everywhere. Emma and Mr. T even like to lay on tom op Puff's tank by the lights because it's warm. I would hate for a little egg to drop in his tank. I did some research on roundworms, I know cats, dogs, and humans can get it... still nothing on reptiles. Any thoughts?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Reptiles or beardies can get roundworms yes. They are not real common, but it can happen.
Did you get a fecal done on your dragon to see if there were any roundworms eggs?

Tracie

tanya1974

Hatchling Member
i have just had my sample back and round worm was detected and yeast, but thank god no other nastys... been to vet and have a panacur scedule for my colony....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom