new at treating, I have some questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anderous

well ive got to treat my new little dude Icarus for Coccidia. I got a prescription from my vet for Albon, for a 21 day treatment. He obviouslly wasnt happy today with the vet visit, all the examination and then albon, so he didnt end up eating anything today and went to "bed" really early, that doesnt really worry me cause he had a very long stressful day. I just have a few questions to try and make this as easy as possible for him and for me. in the past, with a couple of snakes and a jacksons chameleon i rescued, i was not very successful in treating them, so, this has me concerned. im just worried giving him the albon everyday, the stress from restraining him that he will stop eating all together. I will of course be offering him food early everyday hours before the albon treatment. bassically im just wondering if there are any tricks or tips any of you who have gone thru this can give me in regards to keeping him eating during this treatment cycle so he doesnt just get weaker and weaker. really anything you can tell me would help, im just worried about my new little guy, ive already fallen in love with him and worried about his future, anyway, thanks

Sheranne

My beardie never lost his appetite while he was taking Albon. How has yours been doing this week?
You should give him Bene-Bac or Acidophiliz+ while he is taking the medication, and read the article by Denise R. Bushnell about supportive care during treatment for lots of good info. You can find it on this site by clicking on the Articles Index.

Make sure to keep him hydrated by giving him frequent baths or letting him drink water if he will....mine won't drink, but he likes his baths.

Let me know how he is doing. I know what it is like to worry when you are treating for parasites. I've been through it a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom