Still gaping after albon treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie Ra was taken to the vet a week ago. He was tested positive for coccidia and the vet seemed shocked on what he found. His symptoms before hand was smelly poop (I could smell it outside the apt.) and gaping. He was given Albon for 5 days. It's day 9. His poops are much more solid and not too smelly but he's still gaping. I don't think anything could be wrong with the temps. I have it at 103 at basking and 80 on the cool side. Should I take him in to the vet again? I really don't know what's wrong :(

alkemisten3

Hatchling Member
XxMissTiffanyannxX":477ixigt said:
My beardie Ra was taken to the vet a week ago. He was tested positive for coccidia and the vet seemed shocked on what he found. His symptoms before hand was smelly poop (I could smell it outside the apt.) and gaping. He was given Albon for 5 days. It's day 9. His poops are much more solid and not too smelly but he's still gaping. I don't think anything could be wrong with the temps. I have it at 103 at basking and 80 on the cool side. Should I take him in to the vet again? I really don't know what's wrong :(

Hi!
U should post in the other sections (such as health) as no one seems to really look in to this section unfortunately.
I can advice you that gaping is quite common to do here and then, but doing it constantly could have something to do with the difficulties breathing if I am not totally mistaken.

Do you hear any kind of sounds when your beardie is breathing? Does breathing seem difficult? I do not think that the meds causes this, and the temps are fine.
As treatments with meds are supposedly very harsh on their systems, please give your beardie some soy yogurt to regain the positive bacterias and therefore gain appetite.

Hope it helps a bit! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom