what meds should i have? UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was wondering. what meds should i just have at hand incase i ever did need them also what for. also is there any meds i have to give ever 6 mnths ect. to ensure health? any helps much aprieciated :) thank you

Livey

Extreme Poster
I dont have any meds at home,
Critical care is always good to use in case they go down hill fast..
but if your close to a vet, you shouldn't need any meds at home

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Some good medications to have on hand are some antibiotic ointments in case of cuts, scrapes & abrasions. Probiotics are excellent to have around to help with digestive issues. Some examples of probiotics are acidophiliz, benebac, nutribac, etc.
A lot of people like to have dewormers such as Panacur around. Parazap is an herbal alternative which helps to naturally reduce the worms & parasites without medications.

Those are just some basic things which are nice to have around when you need them.

I hope this helps out.

Tracie

knightofroses

Original Poster
Yh thank u tracie thats really helpful. I dnt always have the money for a run down to the vets. So i would rather do my reasearch an get the info i need so i can do my best to keep Mimi healthy. Oviously i couldnt do everything so sometimes a trip to the vet will have to happen. Bt aslong as i keep my eye on him i can stop any accidents happening :) thank you both

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are welcome! It is always a good idea to have simple home remedies, etc at home in case of minor emergencies that you don't need a vet for. That way you don't have to always run to the store all of the time.
Good luck on building your medicine cabinet for your reptiles! :D

Merry Christmas, too!

Tracie

Livey

Extreme Poster
chris23039":3rphgtpe said:
i was just wondering do all local vets take care of reptiles too?i live in the UK asewell

Not all vets do, you would need to ring up and see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom