true salmonella risk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frito

Hatchling Member
oh definitely, the immune system has a lot to do with it.

everyone that I've seen on the net that has made guides for various herps always stresses that people with very young children and people with immune system disorders etc. should not get herp's due to the salmonella risk.

normal people will recover and what i've also heard from some long time owners is that they think they may have got salmonella from their herp but it was so mild they never went to the doctor and recovered.

WillUK

My cousin, whos three petted mine for like one second today, i made sure the instant he touched it i held both his hands and walked him to the sink to wash his hands.

Im now really worried incase he gets it :(

Ric

Hatchling Member
fresnowitte":19x4emil said:
I have 2 cats one dog and 10 beardies they all roam my house at free will pretty much.

Sorry to hijack but are the beardies litter trained or something?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Ric":2eczm0lt said:
Sorry to hijack but are the beardies litter trained or something?
Yep! :D
Bathing after breakfast in the morning hours is what works for me and mine. :wink:
Rarely do they poop in their viv's or while out unless in the bath.
Except for Checkers who is stuck on going in my car. :roll: :puke: :lol:

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Our latest addition won't poop in his viv or anywhere outside the viv either. Only time he poops is in the bath...Maybe he doesn't like to be dirty! My babies poop everywhere :shock: They have no respect when they got to go they got to go and usually its right when I take them out....My vet said just to wash your hands and if your really worried get them tested like I read earlier...There are worse things you can get from bearded dragons who have parasites....thats something you should be more concerned with than the .0002% chance of samonella (I just made up the percent because its so unlikely) Exaggerate much :lol:

nadlemgarcia

I remembered how the salmonella issue has been an fast epidemic issue in the Philippines. It has been said that there are salmonella found in some peanut butters. Therefore, the said peanut butters are re-called and there were no peanut butters sell in the market. I was so sad then because I just recently found out that peanut butter is my tooth's favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom