Your opinions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
okay so on Sunday 2-May-2010, Phoenix will be taking his LAST dose of panacur for his pinworms... how long between the meds and a fecal should i wait? The clinic i work at is being so kind, they are allowing me to do my own fecals here for free, but the catch was that i had to learn how to diagnose the parasites, only because no one here specializes in reptiles... so i have been doing TONS of reasearch on pinworms and coccidia... while doing such research many different books suggest many different things...

one book suggested waiting about a week after the final dosage was given and then to do the fecal

another says to do it a few days after final dosage...

could someone shed some light on this for me please :study: i'm really quite confused at this point :banghead:

MissT

BD.org Addict
My vet said to wait 2 - 3 weeks. We actually took the fecal in exactly 21 days from his last dose of panacur and the vet did a 'just in case' dose because, if the pinworms had shown up again, we would have had to start from scratch with treating them! Our samples have to be sent away (Kazi's fecals are cultured due to other things) so getting a clean fecal can take a week with us - hence the unnexessary dose of panacur!! Anyway - how long did you leave between doses? If your doing the sample yourself, check it a day or so before another dose of panacur would be due.... does this make sense???

Hope this helps

T

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
okay great!! so maybe i'll bring him to work with me on friday and get a fecal on friday , just to see. that makes perfect sense. the dosgaes are 0.13 mL of panacur once a week for three weeks. i'll let yall know how hte fecal turns out on friday!! *crosses fingers* I really hope everything is gone. I've been working very hard to keep everything sterile, which isnt hard b/c he usually will potty in the bath so i just scrub all his furniture, which isnt a lot... i really hope we are stuck fighting this forever lol

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE!!

MissT

BD.org Addict
We did two doses - three weeks apart... and then a third dose just in case and that got rid of the pinworms so fingers crossed it goes just as easily for you!!

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom