How can I "wash" my Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kloster

She has REALLY bad coccidia. Like her poop makes me insta-gag. Going to pick her up is gag-worthy.

Needless to say, I took her to the vet, got her meds going. Used 25% ammonia/water to clean her enclosure and alls well.
BUT(brace for grossness) she has poop sort of encrusted in her scales?

Heres the thing I usually spot clean but I wake up kinda late since I work late at night so when she does her business in the mornings she sometimes steps on them and by the time I notice (i.e. bath time) its already hardened and stuck to her.

I know they absorb stuff through their skin so I havent used anything other than water, but Im wondering if perhaps theres some soap or something like that I could use?

Ive tried using a tooth brush to scrape her scales(loves it when i do it to her head hahaha) and its somewhat effective but after a full week of scrubbing she still a little stinker :roll:

Any advice?

EmJagsz

Juvie Member
Does the inside of her tank still smell too? Continue giving her baths and using the toothbrush. The smell will go away eventually. I also don't think there is any soaps you can use.... Maybe someone else has some thoughts on that???

Kloster

Original Poster
Yeah the inside of her tank also smells.
Ive given up on her tank though.

Washed it with soap, then bleach, then ammonia STILL it smells(granted, i didnt do all in 1 go but even still).
Its winter in NYC and i REALLY dont want to get wet outside... but if i got to i got to.

Thanks for the reply.
Ill keep using the toothbrush :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom