Giving medicine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the vet yesterday cause Zeus hasn't been himself, like, he hasn't been eating much, shedding, or pooping (AGAIN!!) The doctor said it was probably coccidia, so he gave me medicing that is given through a syringe (needleless). I gave him his second dose today (vet gave him his first), and it was REALLY difficult. Is there some kind of tutorial on how to give beardys meds with a syringe? I poked around here a bit but didn't see anything.

QuincysBoo

Hatchling Member
I had that problem recently with my 9.5 month dragon.. If you put them in a Beardy burrito which means wrap him up in a towel like you would a new born.. Then it is easier to pry his mouth open with the tip of the syringe if he won't take it off his nose... Hope this helps.... :mrgreen:

Tracey

nena

I kind of just put a drop of the medicine on the tip of Charlie's mouth and waited... eventually he licked it off and while he open his mouth i put the rest of the medicine in... he got used to it and it became very easy... the vet tried to force feed him but i didnt let him... the thought of putting my baby through that just drive me nuts... so now he doesnt hate me for forcing things down his throat and he was getting all his meds! hope that helps ;) if u want you can also put a drop of something else.. like baby food or soy yogurt and once he opens his mouth you shoot everything in! ;) good luck!

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Take the syringe to the back of the mouth on the side and gently press when he or she opens up just squirt it in their!

QuincysBoo

Hatchling Member
Yes but if you have no choice if the dragon won't eat on his/her own because they are sick ... I have a sick beardy and I have to give her food and medicine by force fed or she will die.. And she seems to be getting some energy and starting to lick it off her nose now... I don't like hurting her either but you won't if your careful.. Like I said I would rather do this then watch her die...

demonsmomma

Juvie Member
I HAD TO DO THIS WHEN I HAD DEMON..IT SUCKS IT REALLY DOES..BUT THERE IS NOT MUCH YOU CAN DO IF THEY DONT WANT TO EAT THEN YOU GOT TO FORCE THEM BY THEIR MEDICINE AS WELL..WEHN THEY ARE ILL ITS EASY THOUGH..I DID IT WITH YM DEMON..UNFORTUNATLY I STILL LOST HER BUT ITS BETTER THAN SEEING HER SUFFER AND NOW I AHVE ANEW BABY NAMED MAX, WHO IS HUGE..SO HOPEFULLYL HE ENVER GETS SICK BECAUSE I DONT WANNA HAVE TO FIGHT HIM TO EGTA SYRINGE DOWN HIS THROAT....NO WAY

QuincysBoo

Hatchling Member
My baby was sick for 3 months on deaths door and i took can-o-crickets chopped them up very well and wellness kitten puree meat, vitamins, and baby food and got a small puppy syringe and fed her that way and she was eating on her own in two weeks and still doing great.... She was engulfed with Cuccidia and didn't want to get back to her old self when it was gone.. I fed her vitamins and baby food but that wasn't working so I came up with this and it worked wonders..

Tracey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom