green/yellowish patch under skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I can already see the femoral pores on him even at his age. So, he is going to have large pores when he gets to be an adult. :D So, he has some German Giant in him, then he should be pretty good sized then.
The areas are looking better now! Keep at the treatments on him.

Tracie

stuckmoto

Original Poster
Drache613":9ddc5 said:
I can already see the femoral pores on him even at his age. So, he is going to have large pores when he gets to be an adult.
So, is this something to be warned about? Don't know anything about femoral pores....
Again, thanks for the help you've provided!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no worries! The femoral pores are perfectly natural. They are the bumps/pores on the inside of the legs, if you look closely you can see them. :D Some males have more prominent pores than other males. I should stop while I am ahead! :lol:
How is he doing today?

Tracie

stuckmoto

Original Poster
Just an update... the patch on the chin area started to shed/drop off today. Looks like everything is fine underneath(scales forming).
I do have a concern with the other areas though. They seem like they are scars now. Kind of like burns on our skin. It doesn't look like scales are forming there, just bare skin.
Any one have any knowledge of this?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sometimes this happens when there is extensive damage to the scales. The scales do not always grow back, but sometimes, they do. It just depends on the severity of each case. Just continue to put cream on that area to help out. You could also use some antibiotic ointment such as neosporin or polysporin to help soften the skin & promote further healing.

Tracie

stuckmoto

Original Poster
Drache613":ed87c said:
Just continue to put cream on that area to help out. You could also use some antibiotic ointment such as neosporin or polysporin to help soften the skin & promote further healing.
I've placed neosporin on it since the shed. They don't seem like they are bothering him-just no scales forming.
The neck area does seem to have scales forming underneath. I'll try to get pix up soon.

You aren't keeping those two dragons in the same enclosure are you? If so that is a ticking time bomb and you are putting your dragons well being and life at risk. At some point one of them will almost certainly get aggressive. It only takes one attack to injure or kill one of your dragons. Living in the same tank you also have the danger of one of them infecting the other if either of them ever gets a parasite or illness.

As for the skin issue:
My dragon Obie (RIP :( ) had two bouts with skin issues. I used the nolvsan solution and lamisil along with Witch Hazel and as long as you keep vigilant, it should go away. It may take until the next shed to go completely away and keep bathing in the nolvsan for a while after the next shed to make sure any fungal/bacterial issues are completely resolved. You will also want to clean the tank more often than normal and make sure that after the infection is gone you do an entire tank cleaning and clean everything with a hot mixture of nolvsan and water to sanitize everything to prevent re-infecting your dragon.

stuckmoto

Original Poster
Yes, they are in the same tank together - for now. The breeder/friend I purchased them from has several that live together - some do not. He told me that sometimes they are perfectly fine together. I wasn't aware of the issues you brought up till a couple of months ago. I do plan to separate them eventually.
I've had him on about the same treatment as you mentioned... my only concern was if there was a chance that scales would start to form again on the areas that have been affected.
Sorry to hear about your Obie. Only four years old? Can I ask what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom