Hmm.. I hope this is normal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I hear when Beardies thermoregulate they gape open their mouths. Tonight I was watching my Beardie gape open her mouth and when she did I saw kind of a thick strand of saliva, but I haven't noticed any other signs of a respiratory infection. I purchased her from LLLReptile and I did hear they do not have a good rep and are known to sell sick reptiles. Well, I was wondering, is it normal for a Bearded Dragon to have some strands of saliva when they open their mouths? She seems pretty healthy, and she has been eating, so it's not like she is refusing or anything. She is acting normally (such as being alert and aware of her surroundings, checking things out, basking, eating, defecating, etc.), so I'm not sure anything is wrong.

Your thoughts?

CoolioTiffany

Original Poster
Tonight I just checked on her and pulled down her mouth a little and saw bubbles on the sides.. I don't really think this is normal, but I've had my pythons do this before and they turned out not being sick at all, so I'm not sure if I should go to LLL to the show tomorrow and tell them about it or somethin'. I'm getting kind of worried.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Is the saliva "off colored" kind of like what mucous would look like? Do you hear any popping or wheezing type of noises as if she is having a hard time breathing?
We probably need to go over your tank setup, as well, to ensure that you have the temperatures where they need to be.

Tracie

demonsmomma

Juvie Member
MY MAX IS DOING THAT BUT NO EXCESSIVE AMOUNT OF SALIVA..I HAVE HEARD IT MEANS THEY ARE OVER HEATED SO THEY OPEN THERE MOUTH TO RELEASE SOME OF THE WARMNESS FROM THEIR BODY..RIGHT NOW IM WORKING ON ADJUSTING MAXS TEMPS.. SO HE DONT HAVE TO DO THAT KINDA CONCERNED THOUGH AS HE DOES IT AT 92 DEGREES..OH WELL BUT IF HE STILL HAS A PPETITE I WOULD JUST CONSIDER IT HIM BEING OVER HEATED THATS ALL JUST WATCH HIS APPETITE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom