Charlie has Eimeria :( Albon questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nena

Ok so after having the fecal done we got 4+ results for Eimeria. The vet however didn't know much about beardies and he was struggling with the math for the dosage of Albon, from i heard he diluted the albon in water i think one part medicine and 9 parts water... Charlie weights 200gr and i am giving him .1ml a day of the diluted medicine... i hope it is the right dosage... then he went on to attempt to force the medicine down his throat completely unsuccesful i didnt even let him try i told him i would give him the medicine myself and sure enough all i had to do was place a drop of the medicine on the tip of his mouth and he licked it off and as soon as he opened his mouth i gave him the rest. The vet didn't tell me to do anything else he said to keep feeding him the same and everything, he did say that beardies are mostly vegetarian and i shouldn't give him too many crickets... now Charlie is 5 months old... so i would say he still needs his protein right? so i am still offering as many crickets as he wants to eat... he's slowed down his eating... but he was eating a lot like 100 crickets a day... now he eats like 50 or 60... so im not too worried about him not eating... i do need some advise as to the side effects of the medicine. I took his sleep log and his blanket out for during the day, as i found him hiding there a couple of times during the day... im still offering the veggies even though he doesnt eat much of those... so is there anything in particular i should be doing... again he is taking albon once a day for 21 days...

thanks~~

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I did PM you. If you can find out the exact amount gram or milligram wise that the vet put in of Albon, that would be helpful. I will double check the dosage for you.
Don't forget to use the probiotics. You had asked about soy yogurt. That is fine, as long as it is non dairy, then no problem at all. Extra oral hydration is good as well, while he is on the meds. I personally don't think he needs to be on that for 21 days. Usually, 7-10, maybe 14 days is the normal duration of medication cycle. Too much is not good for them. I would do a recheck on the fecal after a couple of weeks just to make sure the levels are going down.
The side effects of meds basically just cause dehydration, lack of appetite, lethargic behavior sometimes, & that is usually about it. The stools might change consistency a little also.
At his age, he still needs his protein because he is still growing. I would not worry about cutting back right now. As long as he gets a good mix of greens, veggies & protein then right now he should have what he needs.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom