another AV ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjsexotics

Hatchling Member
Well I am sure there are a ton of questions on this subject but here is mine

I love dragons and was doing resue and at some point one with AV came inlong story short I no longer have any AV dragons all have passed away ( horribable virus )

so I am now wanting to get a few new dragons and I am pretty freaked out that somehow they are going to get it

I tossed out all cages I had except for my snake cage and iguana cage. my dragons were kept in my garage. I bought new cages and put them in my house.
if I keep them out of my garage and in the new cages is there anything else I should do to make sure my new babies stay adeno free?

I am no longer doing rescue and I am sticking to buying 4 from a breeder and breeding just them I will bring in no new dragons after that.

also I have a huge colony of roaches if I feed them to my new dragons is thata possibablity of cross contamination what should I do with the roaches ?

I am cleaning out my garage but should I bleach my hole garage out floor walls ect

I am so worried
should I just not get dragons again or is this ok thanks :banghead:

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
You should really talk to Tracie, she is a moderator! She is very familiar with the adeno virus!! Pm her she is Drache613 . Good luck and so sorry to hear about that!!

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
I love dragons and was doing resue and at some point one with AV came inlong story short I no longer have any AV dragons all have passed away ( horribable virus )

How old were your dragons? I have two positive dragons that are huge and thriving but I tested them a few years ago and they are positive for it. My female has calcium absorption issues but is thriving today.

Are you having your new beardies tested for adeno? Ya know, they can have the virus and not look or be ill from it. :wink:

As for cross contamination, it's very possible. I would start fresh with feeders if it were me.

sjsexotics

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ya I got rid of the feeders to a person without dragons.
all my dragons were adults

As for the beardeds all mine went down hill very quickly all all displayed symptems with in a few months. all acted differently and had different symptems. it started with two dies for no known reason all were great then just died then it appearded as if they had RI's they were all treated and all recoverd except two more who died during treatment. 2 that were left were star gazing and could not catch there food and would no longer eat greens were as two become became very crazy eaters andwould eat everything in site and stil act as if they had not eaten they would even bite at my fingers ( my dragons have always been feed twice a day ) those two also got puffy gums and mouth infections which were treated and would not heal and they kept getting thiner and thinner even though they were eating and the vet said there fecals were neg. they just kept going down hill and I kept takeing them to the vet I even went to the vet that is so post to bethe best around 100 just to walk in the door and he said to test for adeno was 200 per dragon so I did one and he was positive and I did not know what to do so with the vets advice I put them down ( please dont knock me for it Iloved my babies and it was very hard but they were suffering at this point and I could not handle seeing it ) I then went home very upset tore down there cage tossed and broke a few glass tanks and went to the dump.

yesterday I bought 5 new tanks and3 new dragons and I just sent for the tubes to test them for only 15.00 ech WOW thanks to pats
I have them all in seperate housing and I hope I will never have to deal with this horribable virus again

as for the person who has dragons thriving I am so glad you are not haveing problems are you still breeding that dragon or any dragons in your posestion since I thought once one had it you might as well assume they all do since it is so contagous??

Gail

BD.org Addict
You should keep in mind that AV is very prevalent in dragons, there are few breeders who don't have it in their colonies. Its always possible to get a infected dragon unless you buy from a breeder who will guarantee their dragons virus free and honestly, I don't know any breeders who do that.
Many, many dragon have AV and don't get sick. The symptoms you describe makes me think something else was going on. Dragons don't star gaze or get insanely hungry from AV, sounds more like parasites and some kind of infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom