Injury to beardie's foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crys

Hi guys... sorry this isn't really a disease but I didn't see an injury forum.

I have two baby bearded dragons and a while ago my bigger guy accidentally bit my littler girls' leg while trying to get a cricket that was by her foot. I didn't think anything of it at first because she just seemed to walk away from it no problem. But later her foot looked sort of shriveled. I took her to the local reptile store to have him have a look at her and he said it looked like it was healing okay and she would probably lose her toes but be fine.

Today though, when I went to feed them their crix i noticed a drop of blood on top of her little foot. it looks like the skin is completely gone from a small area, probably half the size of a pencil eraser tip.

I am really at a loss... what can i do to help my baby? Please help!

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Well after that incident, I really hope you split them up, losing a few toes could quite possibly be the least of your worries if you leave them together..
But as far as your question, I really don't know, I just thought I'd bump your post for others to see and hopefully help you.
Good luck to you and your baby.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
You can soak your baby in a Betadine bath, make it so it looks like weak tea! Then dry the area and apply some neosporin to it! Just keep an eye on it and apply the sporin at least 2 times a day for a week! Good luck, just my 2cents!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom