Mites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
I noticed Kinno had some small red dots(20 or so) on him and i took a better look and they are mites. I used to treat bluebelly lizards for mites so i have this spray that kills mites on contact. I use a qutip and apply it to them directly. You can use it on their vivs aswell. Its called Reptile Relief (Natural Chemistry) I was told it can be use on beardies its made for all reptiles. I was wondering if anyone else has used this to get rid of mites. I'm also wondering if I should treat the other beardies vivs just incase. Since all 7 get to roam around in the same areas. Its going to be a long day of scrubbing and cleaning out vivs and baking all their stuff! If anyone has any tips or advise id so love it!

Thanks!

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
If the vivs are made of glass, you can seal the tops with plastic wrap, and set that out into the sun... The high temps will kill both adults, nymphs and eggs.
Also, bleach every single item that comes out of the vivs, then rinse, then dawn, rinse and bleach again.
You will need to scrub daily until the infestation is cleared... Just what you needed to hear, right ?
Janie.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks so much! Sad to say hes in the wooden triple decker with glass doors. Chimaira and Lexia share it with him. I'm going to treat all 3 just incase. *bangs head on desk* lol So far i dont see any mites on the others *whew*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom