Eimeria

Status
Not open for further replies.

mishelly58

Hatchling Member
Gizmo's fecal result came back with a count of +3 for pinworm eggs which is down from the last time, but he now has Eimeria coccidia at a +4 count and his eating has slowed down he won't even eat a hornworm. :angry5: Do you think I should treat him I know the treatment could be rough on him. I need to call the vet back in the morning to let him know and then I can pick up the Albon for him. Before thishe was a healthy 2 year old.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Michelle,

Those counts are not real high, but, since you mentioned that his appetite was off it might be a good idea to go ahead & treat him for one round to try & get his levels normalized to where his appetite will come back.
Yes, treatment can be rough on them but if it is given at the proper dosage & duration it will be fine. Just use a good probiotic such as the non dairy soy yogurt, acidophiliz, nutribac or benebac to help replace the gut flora in his tummy to keep his appetite from completely shutting down.

Tracie

mishelly58

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks, I'm going to pick up the med this morning and I have some soy yogurt in the house but I also have acidophiliz that I ordered from Beautiful Dragons, If I use the acidophiliz how much do I give him?

Thanks again for all your help!

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
For the acidophiliz it says to use a few drops daily in food, water or directly into mouth! However after I had a consultation, I decided to give my Gizmo 0.4 cc/ml directly into his mouth! He is 380g, only for a week at such a higher dosage! He is back on track now!! and make sure you shake very well!!! Good luck...... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom