Is it possible my dragon has internal parasites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sj45

Ok, so she's been alert but not "energetic" (I've had her for 3 days). Today, I gave her some greens which she didn't seem to enthused about but ate a few. Then I gave her her gut loaded crickets dusted with calcium. About 30 minutes later, she pooped and it was white at one end and dark at the other. It also had like a clear covering to it which looked a bit "runny". I've heard this is a symptom of internal parasites, should I be worried.

Thanks, Scott

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Scott,

While sometimes their stools can be more runny on some days than the other days just due to hydration status or foods that they eat, if it is constantly runny or especially smelly parasites should be suspected.
The best thing would be for you to get a fecal done to see what the counts are or if she has coccidia or worms.

Tracie

lokey

Hello,
I dont mean to disagree, but that sound like a healthy poop, the white chalky bit of the mess is the urine, the fact that it was a bit to runny is nothing to fear, it is the way the poop drops. (sorry, couldnt resist at least one joke.)
The bit about food, Again not really anything to worry about, they are picky little blighters, and as you have only just got him/her, he/she might just need to adjust and get used to the new surroundings.
keep a note of the behavior for a week or two and see how things pan out.
Temps? Lights? substrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom