Too much medicine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naomithealien

Original Poster
Drache613":0c4f6 said:
Hello,

Ok, IF you do use it, please use it with caution. Thanks for confirming which one you were using for me. I do not think it is a good idea to use them in conjunction with each other as the antibiotic alone is hard on her.
So she had diarrhea again? It is sounding like she was misdiagnosed possibly on the fecal. It is sounding like another fecal should be done as it could be flagelletes, amoebas or Strongyloides possibly. Coccidia can cause diarrhea but not as severe as with the other ailments, usually.
I think another fecal should be done, because I think something was missed. She shouldn't still be having diarrhea.
I am happy to hear though that she has gained a little bit of weight, but it isn't good for her to continue having diarrhea like this though.
Are you giving pedialyte to help with the electrolyte loss?

Tracie

Good Afternoon Tracie,

Yes, it's really odd that she's having diarrhea again, and I will go get another fecal done (the next time she poops).
I will ask for a count, well.
I will not use Reptaid in conjunction with the antibiotics.
I have not gotten any pedialyte, yet, it didn't cross my mind that I should be doing that until yesterday.
I plan on going to get some today!

Is it normal for the stool to be more-or-less solid, but very watery around it?
She also has been producing twice as much urate as she ever has.
I'll try to get a picture next time she has a bm.
But the next time she goes (which should be within the next two days) I'm going to get another fecal done.

Thank you again!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going?
Great any flavor of pedialyte will be fine, no problem.
Well, it "can" be normal for there to be some water or fluids around the normal stool. That just means they are well hydrated. Is that what is going on perhaps?
If she is producing much more urates then she definitely is very well hydrated. I hope that she is feeling better soon.

Tracie

naomithealien

Original Poster
Drache613":db7f4 said:
Hello,

How are things going?
Great any flavor of pedialyte will be fine, no problem.
Well, it "can" be normal for there to be some water or fluids around the normal stool. That just means they are well hydrated. Is that what is going on perhaps?
If she is producing much more urates then she definitely is very well hydrated. I hope that she is feeling better soon.

Tracie

Good evening Tracie,

Her stool was not solid, but even last week when her stool was solid it was very wet.
I'm glad that the urates are indicative of the fact that she is well hydrated.
I am going to get some pedialyte tomorrow morning.
Lucky for me, she loves to anything that comes out of a syringe!
She passed a 4 inch string of hair with the stool that she passed earlier (which was rather large)
I was like "what the heck?"
While I was at work, however, my family informed me that she was very active and happy.
She actually has not produced any stress marks in the past few weeks while she has been sick.

Either way, I'm still going to get a fecal done the next time she passes.

Thank you for everything! And good night!

I will update you with any other news!

Naomi

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl today?
What flavor of pedialyte did you get, did she like it pretty well? Yes the urates if they are soft, then she is well hydrated.
Yeah I know, it is great when they do not mind having food or water from a syringe. Great that she is cooperating with you right now.
Oh wow, a long strand of hair came out with her stool huh? Well...that does happen if you are feeding on the floor. :mrgreen: It usually causes no problems, & just comes right out.
That is super she is so active & is eating well also. It sounds like she is feeling much better now. Yeah, maybe just get one more fecal done just to check it out & she should be good to go for you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom