possible yellow fungus? blackbearding for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

vader111

Hey all,

Im relatively new to these forums and have only made a few posts. I adoped a bearded dragon from a client about a month ago. With him I also recieved a 20 gal tank (then i didnt know was way too small), and a light fixture that holds 3 bubls. I am not sure of the wattage of any of them. One is a uv light, the other two are basking. I'd have to say its been really interesting and fun so far as I have never owned a bearded dragon. I re-named him Chuck because I couldnt remember the other name he had. When I got him he was very pale, agressive, possibly malnourished, among other things. I believe his diet consisted only of superworms, lettuce and something called kale. During the new week, we both had trouble adapting. I started doing research and found out that my client had no idea what she was doing and was practiacally killing the animal with these conditions. I am a college student on my own, and barley have any money. I immediately went out and bought a $130 60 gallon tank with basking rocks, logs, temp gauges, food dishes and different substrate. I have to say, I couldnt have done this alone, I got a lot of friendly help from all of you on these forums. After a lot of work chuck now has gained wieght, his colors are now very vibrant, loves to crawl on my shoulders and explore, and has been very active. He gets his super worms, with squash, collard and mustard greens, apples, cantelope, etc. However, for the past few days he has been very unactive, not eating live prey..only veggies, I came in from work a few times and he had full on black beards. He isnt basking either. He only deficates when he is in the bath now...which HE HATES. I also notice yellow around his eyes, ear holes (or whatever u call them), and random ones on the horns in and around his beard. It dosent seem to be spreading though and there is not really any on his back or stomach. Its so small that I cant even get a good picture to put on this post. I notice yellow on the skin between his scales. Could these just be his natural colors? I really have no extre $ to take him to a vet. What are the classic symptoms of Yellow fungus? I know beardies can mask their symptoms very well. If his life is in danger I will come up with the $ but right now any advice will help. I apoligize for the long post. Just trying to get everyone all the info I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom