Sick Beardie and Confused Parent

Status
Not open for further replies.

acgordon

Hatchling Member
So I posted a week ago that my Roran has worms. I gave him the 7 days of meds I was given and told to wait 2 weeks before his checkup. Well his poop is more solid but there are now little puddles of liquid beside it. Anybody know anything about this?

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
It's usually just excess fluids. If a beardie is well hydrated, you will have a gooey to slightly firm urate, well formed poo logs and a teaspoon or so of clear fluid. It's a normal healthy poo. Its when the poo is not well formed and just a soft pile that isn't good. Depends on diet too, I've noticed the more veggies they eat that contain more water, their poos will be a bit looser but still formed. Hope this helps.

acgordon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes thank you! I have been so worried and he has been having trouble shedding that I have been giving him a bath every night for two weeks. Good to know that hydration is not a problem!

Theresa20

Hatchling Member
I'm glad I read this post because when Spike does his business there is often a large puddle of clear liquid next to the poop. I was worried, though it meant something bad. So you're saying, it means he's well hydrated??

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Very well hydrated, just getting rid of excess fluids. Seems to happen more if they have eaten a lot of veggies or things that have a lot of water in them like butternut squash.

Theresa20

Hatchling Member
Spike's staple food is butternut squash!!!!!

Ahhh, thank you for making me feel so much better!!!!!

I LOVE this website!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom