Sick Beardie and Confused Parent

Status
Not open for further replies.

acgordon

Hatchling Member
So I posted a week ago that my Roran has worms. I gave him the 7 days of meds I was given and told to wait 2 weeks before his checkup. Well his poop is more solid but there are now little puddles of liquid beside it. Anybody know anything about this?

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
It's usually just excess fluids. If a beardie is well hydrated, you will have a gooey to slightly firm urate, well formed poo logs and a teaspoon or so of clear fluid. It's a normal healthy poo. Its when the poo is not well formed and just a soft pile that isn't good. Depends on diet too, I've noticed the more veggies they eat that contain more water, their poos will be a bit looser but still formed. Hope this helps.

acgordon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes thank you! I have been so worried and he has been having trouble shedding that I have been giving him a bath every night for two weeks. Good to know that hydration is not a problem!

Theresa20

Hatchling Member
I'm glad I read this post because when Spike does his business there is often a large puddle of clear liquid next to the poop. I was worried, though it meant something bad. So you're saying, it means he's well hydrated??

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Very well hydrated, just getting rid of excess fluids. Seems to happen more if they have eaten a lot of veggies or things that have a lot of water in them like butternut squash.

Theresa20

Hatchling Member
Spike's staple food is butternut squash!!!!!

Ahhh, thank you for making me feel so much better!!!!!

I LOVE this website!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom