How do I give meds to my beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura123

Hatchling Member
My Drake has trich and I need to give him flagyl by mouth and also a liquid calcium. Tonight when I tried to give him the calcium he wouldnt take it. He took one lick and that was it. Is there a way to get them to open up and say ahh???

Help! I need suggestions. My Drake is very small... so forcing him isnt going to work.

Laura123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow! He took his meds tonight. I held him like the vet did when she was examining him.... and then just dripped them from the syringe and he lapped it up! woohoo

acgordon

Hatchling Member
I just found out my 3 month year old has worms. I am giving him oral meds too. I just gentle rub one finger on either side of his lower lip down and he opens wide. Dont squeeze or force him, you may want someone else to put the meds in his mouth while you hold him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Patience is definitely necessary when medicating. Eventually, they will take them but sometimes it takes awhile to get them trained to lick something off of a dropper or a syringe.
Great he cooperated so quickly for you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom