My beardie isn't eating and is lethargic after medication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamlyn94

She tested positive for entamoeba, the vet said they caught it early though. She was on metronidazole for 10 days and it's been 6 days since she's eaten. She is 3 and a half, 800 grams( yes I know she's big she hasn't went down since egg laying) and she's in a 120 gallon with a zoo med 48 inch t5. Is this normal? I am very worried.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well the meds. can put some dragons off their appetite. You can try some probiotics or just wait it out until she eats again. Offer water on her nose via syringe if she's not trying, hydration is important.

Tamlyn94

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply! She is drinking really well, I even got some repashy beardie buffet in her by dripping some on her nose. I am just so worried about my baby

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing now, have you been able to get her to eat anything?
Since the medication was most likely the main culprit for her loss of appetite, I would
recommend using a probiotic for her to help replenish her gut flora in her tummy.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Tamlyn94

Original Poster
She is still not eating, but has seen a vet and he took x-rays and there is no blockage, so he thinks she just had a harsh reaction to the meds. she will be starting carnivore care today. He also gave her a shot of appetite stimulant so we are hoping that works soon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just checking in, hoping that your girl is starting to feel better now?
How is the Carnivore Care working out for her, does she like it?
A lot of them have some trouble with medications, some more than other.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom