Yellow fungus

This forum is for people to discuss the issues specifically around having to deal with infectious diseases such as Adeno virus or Coccidia.

Yellow fungus

Postby Krissy0503 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:14 pm

Hi guys! I’m new here. I created my account because I am extremely worried about my dragon. I have a 23 week old bearded dragon named Groot. Here recently, I took him the vet just to be told he was fine and that his tail was fine. Well, here in the past few days, his tail has been getting worse. I do believe he has yellow fungus. I also believe that the Vet had no idea what she was talking about. I made another visit to a different vet today for a second opinion. I also want y’all’s opinion on it. He is still eating and is very energetic. It’s just his tail that I am worried about.I took this picture right after he was done in the bath. Once he is dry it isn’t as bad looking but it still isn’t the best. [Click image to enlarge]
Krissy0503
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Yellow fungus

Postby AHBD » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:58 pm

Hi Krissy, it's understandable to be worried with any type of scale discoloration so good that you're checking it out. Post a few pics while Groot is dry, when they're wet you can't really see what it looks like. Keep baths to a minimum unless he gets dirty, bathing can potentially cause a fungal infection to spread more quickly. To me it doesn't look like Y.F. though from that pic but please post some dry ones.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Krissy0503 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:05 pm

Thank you for commenting! I took him to the vet today and my vet confirmed that it is possible that it is a fungus infection. However, he didn’t believe it was yellow fungus. I got some medicine terbinafine to put on his tail. If that doesn’t help then we will try oral antibiotics to help.[Click image to enlarge]
Krissy0503
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:23 am

Did the vet do a skin scrape to be analyzed ? If not it's just a guess about it being fungal but the ointment is still good just in case. But can you get a better picture ? That just looks like a patch of skin shed.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Dealing with Infectious Diseases