Disinfecting for ADV

This forum is for people to discuss the issues specifically around having to deal with infectious diseases such as Adeno virus or Coccidia.

Disinfecting for ADV

Postby Goatnator13 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:13 pm

Hello, we had a baby from pet smart that we think died of ADV. I want to reuse what I can obviously, but want to make sure that it doesn't spread to our future dragon. I would like to clean his basking rock, tree, hiding log and food bowls to reuse, as we spent around $700 on getting everything right, diagnosing, an treating the baby before. The tank I'm not taking chances on. Will bleach and dswnfecting wipes kill ADV? Or do I have to replace this stuff still?
Goatnator13
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Disinfecting for ADV

Postby CooperDragon » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:13 am

Rinsing and baking the wood at around 250-300 for 45 min or so should disinfect it pretty well. As far as glass and synthetics go, I'd use bleach or a concentrated mix of F10 at around 1:100 or so which should do a good job of disinfecting everything. It's good to have F10 on hand either way and a bottle of concentrate lasts for quite a long time. https://beanfarm.com/products/f10sc-veterinary-disinfectant-100-ml-3-4-oz
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Re: Disinfecting for ADV

Postby Drache613 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:12 pm

Hello,

A diluted bleach solution of 10 parts water to 1 part bleach will work well with Adeno. You can
also use a steamer to clean & disinfect the tank, too which is highly effective!

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Dealing with Infectious Diseases