Ponazuril questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelrose

So I’m supposed to treat axel with his last two doses of ponazuril on Thursday and then again on Sunday. I have to go to my sisters for thanksgiving and I won’t be able to do either dose at the right time. Is there any way I could give it to him today and Thursday instead? Will it being a couple days early make it less effective? (The person watching him isn’t comfortable giving him his medication without a second set of hands, (me)). Thanks in advance!

Chelsea

Axelrose

Original Poster
AHBD":27vhqct9 said:
That would probably be fine. Have you asked the vet ?

I did and they were fine with it. I’ve treated him and I’m just wondering when I should send them a sample. He’s had runny unformed poop the entire time and I was wondering when I would should see a difference and if I should be worried still. He finished his treatment yesterday and I just want him to be okay.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
After treatment, keep everything cleaned and well sanitized (especially areas that have come into contact with poop). I'd probably give it a couple of weeks and then take a sample in.

Axelrose

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2674wber said:
After treatment, keep everything cleaned and well sanitized (especially areas that have come into contact with poop). I'd probably give it a couple of weeks and then take a sample in.

So his poop is still unformed like a mushy consistency. Is there anything I should worry about? Is it a problem? I think it does smell a little better but I don’t know if that’s enough. Could there be something else wrong with him?

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd still give it some more time. The mushy poop itself shouldn't be harmful and it's good that it is starting to smell better. Keep him well hydrated and tank kept sanitary and give his system some time to recover and start managing his digestion and possible remaining parasite load (if low it's not a big deal in most cases).

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today, any improvements now, since the treatments ended?
What foods is he eating now?
I'm sure that it has probably cleared up by now, but sometimes it takes awhile for their body to
get back to normal.

Tracie

Axelrose

Original Poster
Drache613":2gzgb00s said:
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today, any improvements now, since the treatments ended?
What foods is he eating now?
I'm sure that it has probably cleared up by now, but sometimes it takes awhile for their body to
get back to normal.

Tracie

Hey Tracie,

Sorry it took me so long to reply. He seems to be doing a lot better in my opinion. His poop is normal consistency some days and others it is still mush. I don’t know really what that means. He just got a new cage so I’m letting him adjust. He eats Dubia for his staple and occasionally wax, butter, Phoenix worms for protein. And then his veggies are a mix of collards and the fruits/vegetables from the beautiful dragons link on here. I still haven’t gotten his poop tested I’ve got to send it off the next sample I can actually get. Thanks for asking! Do you think it’s just his body getting back to it? Should I be worrying about the poop when it’s mushy?

Thanks,
Chels

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Chels,

No problem at all! Glad to hear he is doing quite a bit better now. Their stools really are
dictated quite a bit by the types of foods eaten, & their hydration status, too. Unless the stool
is really smelly, it is probably just fine. It wouldn't hurt to get a fecal done on him though, for
peace of mind.
If he is eating pretty good then he must be feeling alright at the moment. Are his colors looking
good too, no black beard?

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom