beardies front arm is limp & not using it to walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbmb17

Hi, i already have a vet appointment set up but am very worried . When I woke up yesterday I noticed that my bearded dragon was not using her right arm when walking she was lifting it . She did fall out of her hammock and so I thought maybe it was broken and instantly called the vet. But my friend said it seems more like a sign of md or or mbd.

Today I noticed she is still able to love the arm & lift it would she be able to do that if it was mbd?

Also if it is MBD is this reversible or is her arm gonna forever be like that :(

Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
MBD is not reversible but can be stopped --- what are you using for a UVB? coil or tube ? this is extremely important

nbmb17

Original Poster
i am using the reptisun 10.0 t5 uvb tube in a 24” fixture & it has a reflector on the fixture.

If it is MBD would she be able to move it completely again?

I noticed she is moving it more today & trying to use it , but still struggling a bit.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Make sure the UVB is correctly placed - where do you have it? top of screen or inside the tank -- if the screen is a wide hole type it can sit on top but it MUST be wide holed if its a fine screen like a screen door it needs to go inside the tank --- when you tell me what type I can tell you distance then - are you using a hammock in the tank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom