Is this tail rot???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediocreartt

Just got a new beardie about a week or so ago, she's around a month old. Yesterday I noticed the end of her tail is pretty dark, is this tail rot or am I being paranoid? It's a little darker than it looks in pictures. My setup is a 120 gal with a 10.0 t5 and a heat bulb, the basking spot reaches around 100F or so.
https://imgur.com/a/tDcAQUV

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks like shed --- the T 5 is it in the tank ? Distance needs to be 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor piece --- you might want to partition off the tank till she gets bigger like around 3-4 months old or so --- basking temps should be 105-110 for a baby and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- stick ons are for ambient temps only --

mediocreartt

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1vop0m7g said:
It looks like shed --- the T 5 is it in the tank ? Distance needs to be 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor piece --- you might want to partition off the tank till she gets bigger like around 3-4 months old or so --- basking temps should be 105-110 for a baby and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- stick ons are for ambient temps only --

The t5 isnt in the tank, no. I've been using a digital probe thermometer :). Are you sure it's shed? She's a Zero, but wouldn't shed still be lighter than the rest of her?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Do you have the UVB unobstructed? Distance and placement is crucial- the 120 gallon tank is to tall for it to be on top of the screen-- dragons turn different colors when shedding-

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Not tail rot. There must be an injury/wound to the tail for there to be tail rot.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom