Bearded dragon size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my bearded dragon is 1 year but she is still the size of a 9-month-old what should i do.

I'm not sure if it is a dunner I'm not sure if that matters but I'm not sure if dunner has any size difference than a normal bearded dragon.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I dont know either about the dunner thing ---- what are you feeding and using for lighting ? Brand bulbs please --- dragons will grow at different rates but we need to go over the lighting etc and basking temps? how are you taking them -- NO stickons please

Mypetbeardeddragon

Original Poster
im feeding it dubia roaches and the brand for the heat lamp light bulb is a zoomed heat bulb 100w

and the uvb is zoomed T5 HO high output that includes terrarium hood and the uvb bulb is a 5.0 and the basking temp is 100F and thermometer is also a zoomed and the tank is a 75 gallon. and the uvb hood is is 36 inch long

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please upgrade the 5.0 bulb to a 10.0 T 5 ---- the 5.0 is more for aquarium use --- what type of screen is on the tank ? fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type --? Please start feeding salads every day http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder -- I would start w/ some feeding some treat worms like super worms horn worms meal worms --- this place has great super worms https://flukerfarms.com/crickets-live-feeder-insects/ they come in a tube you will need bran and a carrots etc for hydration and a plastic container w/ lid w/ holes --- dubiaroaches.com has a sale going they have nice horn worms - they are a hydrating worm and grow very fast so order small amounts of them discount code JULY42021---

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok so the UVB is unobstructed at this time? That is good if it is because the 5.0 bulb is not strong enough to go thru that screen --- and the distance for that 5.0 should be 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor piece --- please upgrade the bulb to the 10.0 and then the distance would change to 12-15 inches directly about the basking decor piece w/ NO screen

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Well it depends --- the UVB is inside the tank now ? I would try and get a wider hole screen if you can like dime size hole or close it it -- stay away from the fine mesh like a screen door w/ a wider hole screen you can put the UVB on top - then your distance would be 8-10 inches w/ the basking decor piece --- check Petsmart for screens if you can go look in person -- sometimes its hard to tell the hole size if you cant see it very good -- unless you can enlarge it -- get your dimensions for the tank and go from there ---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom