Strange poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a juvenile bearded dragon. Healthy, active, and eating. Temps are 105F on the hit at 80F on cool t8 uvb and in a 4x2x2 enclosure. He is eating mealworms and greens at the moment cuz my pet store is out of all other feeders I dust them with calcium a couple days out of the week but his poop is getting runny and his irate is covered in poop or like a tan color and I was reading that it has to be white. Any suggestions
XIMG]

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Pic did not post -- please repost -- the T 8 is not strong enough for a 4x2x2 tank --- please upgrade to a T 5 -- the T 8 needs to be inside the tank and approx 6-8 inches directly over the basking decor --- you will need to buy a new fixture I recommend a 24" Zoo Med -- Sunblaster or a Arcadia 12% bulb --- when upgrading to the T 5 distance will need to be 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor - the runny poop can be caused by lack of the UVB -- also parasites and / or too many fruits or too much squash as well -- I would start w/ the UVB and also if the dragon is a year or so old I would get your basking temps down to 95-100- most older dragons do not like it that hot --- I recommend start ordering on line for you insects / worms -- pet stores are unreliable ---- this site has insects on sale 15% off your order and they are a good place to order from http://www.dubiaroaches.com us this code when ordering JULY42021 - there are many places to get insects/ worms on line if you would like more websites please ask --- but please get you UVB situated and go from there w/ the poop issue

Chewwie2016

Original Poster
89762-2616995038.jpg

Thank you I will look into getting better uvb he has a bridge hammock that does go almost at the way up to the top of the terrarium so he can get as close to the uvb as he wants and I switch it out every 6 months as recommended & it is a melamine cage so the uvb is bolted to the inside

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is the UVB inside the tank or top of screen-- if it's on top of the screen the screen is blocking 30% of the rays-- T 8's are not strong enough to go thru screens- you can take and unbolt the UVB and use zip ties fishing ling line 3M Velcro strips - potted plant wire hangers picture wire hangers or some stuff from home depot - I will post the link it works really good I use it in my 120 gallon tanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Well I would unbolt it and get it lowered - how high is it from the basking decor?

Chewwie2016

Original Poster
It is right above the hammock bridge and that goes up to the top of the cage so he can get like 4-5 inches away from it if he likes and he usually goes up there

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That's because he is not getting enough uvb-- the screen is blocking the UVB rays-- please get your uvb resituated or you will have other health issues from it - if there is a clear plastic cover over the bulb please take it off that too would be blocking even more rays but it needs to be unobstructed

Chewwie2016

Original Poster
I keep telling you it is a melamine terrarium the fixture is bolted to the ceiling there is no screen or plastic cover obstructing the uvb.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok good- he's getting pretty close for 4-5 inches - how is it bolted inside the tank? I am confused can you post a pic please

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is there a reflector on the UVB fixture? If not I would recommend you get one- that would explain why hes getting so close to the UVB -- the reflector reflects the UVB rays downward toward him -- and is very beneficial to him --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom