Suspicious Spot on Thigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! This is my first post here. I adopted my beardie, Bettie, from a family 1 year ago. She is now about 5 years old. Several months ago now, she had a shed on her thigh that didn't seem to go well. A small patch stayed on for a few weeks and I gave her baths, used shed aid, and brushed it gently with a toothbrush until it eventually came off. Underneath, it left this white spot that kind of looks like a scar. It doesn't seem to be raw, swollen, or contain pus, it just discolored her skin. She has had it for several months and it has not changed at all and doesn't seem to bother her. She is eating and otherwise acting just fine.

I took her to the vet today for an annual checkup and asked the vet about it. The vet was concerned about yellow fungus, but I reiterated that Bettie has had it for several months and it has not spread and she has no other spots. The vet told me to keep an eye on it and we might do a biopsy in the future to check for fungus. I feel yellow fungus may be a misdiagnoses because it looks nothing like the yellow fungus I've seen online. Could this just be a shedding injury? If so, do I need to treat it, or just let her rock this "scar"? Or is a fungus biopsy my next step?

I should note that the vet said every aspect of my beardie husbandry is good (lighting, feeding, temps, humidity, etc), so I'm not sure why she had the shed malfunction in the first place.

Here are some pictures so you can see the spot:

111527-8169038859.jpg

111527-2020913419.jpg

111527-2095286013.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like scar tissue, maybe from a burn. It's possibly fungal though, so keep an eye on it like you said. Take regular photos of it for comparison and if it shows any signs of change, or if it appears to start causing pain or irritation I'd have a sample tested for an infection. If it stays as it is and isn't causing any apparent problems though, I'd just let it be for now since it doesn't seem to be bothering her.

BettietheBeardie

Original Poster
Oh I didn't think about a burn! I have no idea what she would have burned the top of her thigh on. But after looking at beardie burns online it does look similar to some of those! Huh. Well I'll definitely keep an eye on it. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom