Runny poop after panacur

Status
Not open for further replies.

rango101

My 9 mo old beardie had pinworms and was treated with panacur. He's still having diarrhea two weeks later, is this just do to the panacur still? Should I give it more time before rechecking a fecal?
Viv info: 4x2x2, reptisun 10.0 HO T5 in the viv 12 in from basking spot, hot spot 103 cold spot 85

rango101

Original Poster
He mostly eats dubias, I try to get him to eat bsfl but he doesnt like them. He eats some of his salad which is collard greens, escarole and butternut squash.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The vet should of wanted another fecal after med stopped - I would take another one in just to make sure the parasites are gone- when Blaze had coccidia they had him on Panacur and Albon - -- I suppose its possible that the med could still be working on him but Blazes fecal were never runny - in fact I was shocked he had them at all as he was showing no signs of them at - but it wouldnt hurt to have another fecal done -- if they are gone and hes still having the runny diarrhea then its possible something else could be going on ---- has he always had runny poop or was it formed before the parasites?

natnat

No it's weird he had pretty well formed poop prior to the panacur but since having the panacur its just very runny. Although his poop looks more well digested than it did before he used to have undigested bugs in it. The vet said if he was feeling better he didn't need another fecal but I suppose I could submit another.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can wait it out too and see what his poop does -- are the insects now digested - the basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer or a stick on?

rango101

Original Poster
yeah the insects are better digested now, I use the probe on my herpstat dimmer to take the temp.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok well its up to you -- you can wait it out and see if they straighten out or call the vet and ask if the poop should still be runny and ask what you should do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom