Blood in poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilys

I think I found blood in my bearded dragon's poop. I haven't fed him anything red and he only tested positive for minor pinworms with his fecal earlier this month. Does this look like blood? If so, any ideas on what I should do? My vet isn't in today, but the ER vet is open so that is an option. He was just treated for worms bad the regular vet said the blood could be irritation from them dying. Is that accurate? Behavior and appetite are completely normal. Thank you!
110937-510335421.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I don't think that is blood in the stool. Many times their stools get some orange discoloration
in the stool from supplementation or medication. What foods have you given him recently?

Tracie

emilys

Original Poster
Collards and crickets. He also gets calcium once a day and vitamins 2-3 times a week.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I had forgotten to mention that the vet was correct in saying that sometimes their stools get a
little looser & can become discolored after treatment.
He should be just fine. Be sure to keep him hydrated right now after medication. It may take
a few weeks for his system to get back to normal. Have you been giving any probiotics for him
yet? That can really help out his system, while boosting his appetite also.

Tracie

emilys

Original Poster
I gave him probiotics throughout the treatment. He seems ok now. Much more active than he’s ever been and his poop looks normal now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good news to hear he is starting to get back to normal. Is he eating better also?
If you feel that he needs it, you can still give probiotics for another few weeks if you would
like, they are safe.

Tracie

emilys

Original Poster
He eats a ton. Fortunately, his appetite never changed. He still attacks food like he's never been fed before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom