she peed liquid ALL OVER her viv...i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

zampano

Photo Comp Winner
Tifa's poops have seemed a little more watery than usual lately. It's happened before but is more noticeable this time. She's also been more regular, becoming a daily pooper again. It's one of the first thing she does every morning and she seems eager to do so. As soon as her viv warms up she starts doing her dance.

She's 14 months old and I've been working real hard to get her diet to 50% veggies as she's always been really stubborn about eating her salad, and its been working but I thought maybe the dietary changes have been adding to this situation.

Wasn't really worried about it until the other day, I left her alone the for a few hours and when I returned home, I found what's pictured below - dried remnants of a massive liquid discharge of some kind, smeared all over the place. She'd already pooped that morning and I didn't find any feces in this one, just this chalky mess everywhere. (note some of what you see is pieces of her shed she was finishing up)
108608-1668898100.jpg
108608-7606063205.jpg
I'm kinda sorry I missed this event.

The following few days had fairly normal looking poops in the morning but definitely still excess moisture, the worst being today when she once again went two times, the second one looking like so:
108608-4850337906.jpg

For the last week+ her bug diet's been mostly dubias and the ocassional supers, and her salad is mostly carrot greens, collard greens and squash. All foods she's very familiar with. I haven't been stuffing her with hornworms or anything lately that would explain all that moisture. She was getting a couple more baths a week than usual but I always do that when she's shedding and they're pretty brief. Her tank's humidity is rarely above 45 degrees. I'm at a loss.

I'm really curious what that huuge mess was the other day, and how concerned I oughta be about it. Is this something that definitely warrants a fecal test? Couldn't find anything very comparable searching around myself..

thanks as always

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That does look a bit runny & a mess! Has she ever laid eggs? Sometimes they start to
excrete an abundance of urates when they develop eggs.
She is still eating a good amount daily right now?
If her stool has been a little more loose lately, it wouldn't hurt to just have a fecal done on her.
It would ease your mind a little bit, just to see if something is going on.
Has she had a black beard at all, or is it normal color?

Tracie

zampano

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Hey Tracie, thanks for the reply!

I thought a 14 month old (approximately) was too young to start laying eggs, no? If not, any tips for detecting if she’s gravid? Funny I was just researching dig boxes the other day because she’s been so active.

She’s eating just fine, I just did a couple weeks of occasionally reducing her bug offerings to get her hungry enough to eat salad, and it seems to have worked. So she’s getting more fiber now but like I said, not an excessively moist salad or anything.

As for her beard, it hasn’t gone black unless I’ve given her a good reason ;) but I have noticed her displaying stress marks a little more than usual. Generally she looks okay. She’s spending a lot of the day running back n forth at the glass doors, looking like she wants to come out and play. She never glass surfs but she loves to ram her nose into it to grab people’s attention! She was shedding for a long time and the zooming around seemed like normal shedding behavior but she’s finished shedding now and still running around like a loon..also she’s possibly sleeping a little less for whatever reason.

Behavior-wise that’s really it. I’m inclined to wait another day or two to observe before I get a fecal done, if it doesn’t seem too urgent. Money’s tight right now but if we have to we have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom