Laying eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is the wrong category. So I have a 13 year old female bearded dragon. The past few weeks she has been going nuts in her vivarium. Digging like crazy and showing no interest in her veg. I didnt think she was gravid as she was still interested in eating her locusts and I couldn't see or feel any eggs.

Well I decided to put a lay box in just incase and I've just seen her lay 3 eggs. Now since she has never laid any how many should I expect. As I said she is 13 and she has never laid any

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Wow --- we need AHBD to answer this question and all the others you may have --- she will need extra calcium I do know that -- I will flag to her

FlamingBeardie90

Original Poster
She seems to have finished. Laid 24 in total. I gave her some locusts and dubia roaches coated in calcium. Will she lay anymore or will that be it?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Idk ---- AHBD will haft to address the egg issue--- she is more savy than I :) -- just make sure your using a long tube fixture for a UVB NO coils they are totally inadequate and will cause all kinds of health issues --- if you need help w/ that I can help you --- and if you do need to get one it needs to be done ASAP--- so please ask if you need the help I can post websites for you to get one

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I've never heard of a 13 yr. old laying eggs , have you had her all her life + you sure of her age ? You must be taking great care of her so just keep doing what you're doing. Keep her hydrated, feed her well and she should be fine. At her age every extra year is a bonus so just treat her like a little dragon queen. :)

FlamingBeardie90

Original Poster
AHBD":3ws4npau said:
Hi there, I've never heard of a 13 yr. old laying eggs , have you had her all her life + you sure of her age ? You must be taking great care of her so just keep doing what you're doing. Keep her hydrated, feed her well and she should be fine. At her age every extra year is a bonus so just treat her like a little dragon queen. :)

I've had her since she was 2 months old. She just turned 13 in April. She certainly doesn't act like a normal bearded dragon that lays. Thought she was finished so gave her some locusts. In the middle of eating she decided to lay another egg

Gail

BD.org Addict
Wow, that was quite a clutch and the eggs actually look pretty good. I would be tempted to incubate, could have a case of parthenogenesis going on though it is quite rare.

FlamingBeardie90

Original Poster
Gail":1s7zjezz said:
Wow, that was quite a clutch and the eggs actually look pretty good. I would be tempted to incubate, could have a case of parthenogenesis going on though it is quite rare.

They were definitely all infertile and I've put them in the freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom