Stargazing??

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is absolutely without doubt basking. (See him trying to reach for the heat they all do this he is stretching up towards it. What are your temps on his basking spot maybe move it slightly higher babies like it hot 105f-110f. it is advisable to use a infared temp gun for accuracy stick on ones are no good but use a digital probe also alongside your infared gun. But do not panic he is fine and looks completely normal, :D

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I agree thats normal -- adjust the basking decor piece and / or a higher wattage bulb -- but you MUST have a digital probe thermometer to get accurate temps 105-110 -- IR guns are good but they do not read off of certain materials like hammocks example --- and please make sure your using correct UVB as well NO COILS -- they are inadequate -- you need a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med Sunblaster or Arcadia --- they are all good fixtures along w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or the Arcadia 12% bulb -- distance and placement is crucial for the bulbs ---

mmfelice411

Original Poster
Thank you so much. I actually just ordered a tube uvb so you made me feel better about that choice as well!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok when you get it please post back on here and we can help you get it placed correctly -- this is very important for the rays to be effective

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What did you get? Screen on your tank is it a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type of screen?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom