URATE ISSUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

So on Friday (today is Sunday) I saw my beardie's leg twitch as she was pooing, however she didn't poo she just passed urate. She had pooed a healthy poo earlier in the day so I wasn't super concerned, and then over yesterday and today she also did some normal poos. I have only seen the leg twitch once again but just then she passed this weird looking urate; it is small with sort of orange crystals surrounding it with mucus. I'm taking her to the vet on Wednesday but just wanted to see if anyone can give me some sort of explanation? Her temps are all good and her diet consists of crickets and salad when she decides to eat it (the salad that is). Her energy levels have been pretty normal and she hasn't seemed anymore skittish than normal, she is generally a bit of a moody girl though. She is around 13 weeks old as well. Is this all early signs of MBD?? Any info would be much appreciated.

111254-8824173458.jpg

111254-4717874713.jpg

Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What kind of substrate are you using? And does the poop have a grainy consistency? UVB brand and bulb please coil or tube?

pancakebabybeardie

Original Poster
Substrate is natural sand, as in it is natural sand from the Australian desert. Was told by my vet that this was definitely okay to use as substrate as given it is natural sand, their bodies are able to digest it properly etc. The poo doesn't have a grainy consistency, her actual poo has been really normal. It was just yesterday when she passed the weird urate.

UVB is Zoo MEd reptisun 10.0 T5 Tube.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We do not recommend sand at all as a substrate --- especially for babies ---- The T 5 is where in your tank ? Top of screen or inside the tank ? Distance and placement is key here
Info on sand ---- Substrate

For baby to juvenile Bearded Dragons I prefer and recommend either newspaper, paper towels, butcher paper or reptile carpet. These choices are cheap, easy to clean and hold no health risks to your animal. If using reptile carpet the stuff that looks and feels like grass is the best. The felt kind has little loops of fabric that may catch the nails of your Dragon and cause injury. DO NOT use sand, shavings or any other loose substrate for baby to juvenile beardies. They can be very clumsy eaters and they are also very curious and like to taste everything. Any kind of loose substrate holds serious health risks to your Beardie. If they eat a loose substrate they can become impacted, which is a blocking of the intestines, and die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom