Urgent HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zahara

My roommate's beardy (1-year-old) has been unwell for the past few days. We noticed he was loosing weight even though he was eating, and his tongue looked less pink than usual. Yesterday his head was vibrating when he tried to move and he had no energy to eat (Normally he would be trying to jump and catch the bugs as they fell). This morning I noticed he vomited up his diner. I had to go to work but when I got back I put him in warm water and he had a pea-sized poop that was mostly white. He also drank the water then spit out slimy saliva. His tank is up to code; lights are about 12-15inches away, he has a cold side, temp is 27 c at night, max 35 in the day, he eats an assortment of worms and crickets every few days (It's my roommates so I think this is what she feeds but she's gone for the week), he gets water, and greens with calcium and vitamins daily (Though he hates his greens sigh). I am asking for your guys help here because our exotic vet left, and we have no car to bring him 2 hours away to another clinic if they can take him...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The UVB is what brand and bulb? Is there a reflector on the fixture of the UVB? The 12-15 inches sounds like a tube fixture and is it in the tank --- Basking temps are being taken how? Stick on or a digital probe thermometer? I would boost his basking temp up 95 F is the lowest it should be temps should be 95-100
vibrating when he tried move --- this sounds like MBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom