Stressed baby beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacoBelan

I have bought a new baby bearded dragon just a few days ago and I think he is very stressed his hole stomach and is nearly black with a couple of white spots is there any way I can destress him.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
PacoBelan":txtsqds9 said:
I have bought a new baby bearded dragon just a few days ago and I think he is very stressed his hole stomach and is nearly black with a couple of white spots is there any way I can destress him.

Congrats on being a beardie parent!

There could be a couple of things happening here - but my first guess is that it could be relocation stress - new home, no surroundings/environment, new noises, new person, etc - especially if it’s only been a couple of days. They can display a variety of worrisome behaviors such as:

being skittish, fearful, going dark, not eating, hiding and/or generally appearing and acting uncomfortable - all kinds of things in the first few weeks after the move from somewhere they were used to and into a new world - or a place that they never were somewhere long enough to be comfortable in to begin with.

Babies seem to be inherently twigged out a lot - so that could also play a factor. He/she has got a lot of changes to process all at once! Ahhhh. Patience and time are always needed - which I know is hard to do!

Is the black belly the only thing you are noticing, or are there any other the “off” observations I mentioned you have noticed? Where was / how long was your baby in its previous environment before you brought it home to your house? Hopefully it is the relocation stress - but ...

Having said that, there are many other factors that come into play - many of them tracing back to the setup itself. What’s your dragons viv like?

Size/lighting/bulbs/temps/substrate? If you can nail that crucial stuff and get that just right - and eliminate that as a factor - then other reasons can explored - such as if there another dragon in sight, an illness, etc.

Let us know some of these things if you can ... it could be simple, it could be more complicated - either way, there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum that can prob help you and get it figured it out ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom