help with humidity!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
I recently brought my little guy on a road trip from Colorado to California! I was anticipating humidity becoming an issue, as I am now a block away from the beach (lots of fog, marine layer, and moisture). I bought a new dehumidifier before arriving, and also brought along an Eva-Dry dehumidifier.

Here are the two products I have:
https://www.eva-dry.com/product/e-500-renewable-high-capacity-dehumidifier/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C7555BG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also took the water dish out of his tank :) the dehumidifiers are definitely working, but I am still concerned. His humidity level should be around 40%, outside right now is about 75%, and the gauge in his tank reads at about 50%. The gauge I have IS a ZooMed stick-on (on the hot side)... and I know that stick ons are inaccurate for temps... but what about the humidity gauge? In CO the gauge read closer to 35% most of the time. I have a probe thermometer but the connected humidity gauge doesn't work––it always reads around 10% humidity which is just wrong.

So I'm wondering if I need to do more to keep him healthy. Are there any accurate humidity gauges anyone could recommend? Is this a serious health risk I should be concerned about? Or is it something I might want to just keep an eye on...?

He seems happy in his new environment BUT I don't want him getting a respiratory illness or a fungus or something like that.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
ALSO! I was wondering if i could put the Eva-Dry INSIDE of his enclosure? Are there any risks to doing this? Would that be safe? Should I do that...? Right now it is sitting directly above his enclosure.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Get a digital probe hygrometer --- place the probe on the back center wall of the tank it will read the whole tank ---- do this before panicking--- the humidity in the tank should not be below 20% and not above 70% --- optimal is 30-50% anything in else from what I told you is fine ----- if its above 70% use the small humidifier you bought and place next to the tank -- I would not advise putting one inside the tank

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
So I do already have a humidity probe but it always ready around 10% which is wrong. I saw somewhere that it might just need to be calibrated? How do I do this? It's a ZooMed themometer/hygrometer, with one screen but 2 probes.

I think it's thins one:
https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Digital-Thermometer-Humidity/dp/B06XY3X7P9/ref=pd_lpo_199_t_2/130-3747372-8624103?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B06XY3X7P9&pd_rd_r=45acc564-f2fb-4f98-82c4-3edc6e5693eb&pd_rd_w=GOOEf&pd_rd_wg=8VYO1&pf_rd_p=3b5203d9-bdd0-47f6-97e5-387010fc3251&pf_rd_r=70J4F2ZD5FEVVD2H6SQY&psc=1&refRID=70J4F2ZD5FEVVD2H6SQY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom