Stress Marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrogLizard

I got my bearded dragon, Toast, In December of 2020. She is around 6 months old, but still always seems to have light stress marks. They occasionally go away (When I hold her, or sometimes when she's basking), but they always seem to reappear. Any tips on what I could be doing wrong?

info:
Basking temp is 104°F
UVB is reptisun 10.0
A custom 100 gallon tank (I believe, I dont know exactly, my dad built it for me)
Her main feeder bugs are crickets and dubias
Humidity is around 20%
overall tank temp Is 80°F

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
I'm having this exact same problem.. my Zayde acts 100% normal but he has these stress marks that only lighten when feeding/holding him. Idk what I could be doing wrong >.<

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
So my girl almost always has these marks - lighter than darker then sometimes they are gone - but more so yes then no. This is just my personal observation over her 10 years with me - but I feel like “stress marks” are not the most accurate single indicator of actual stress. They can get pronounced stress marks when going dark to absorb heat, some beardies just have tend to have them more as part of their appearance than others ... etc. If your dragon is not actually acting stressed out - if they are healthy and eating and drinking and pooping and basking and sleeping and maintaining a relatively calm demeanor ... with proper light setup and diet - then I (personally) wouldn’t worry too much. It may just be part of your beardie and they may tend to show often. I really tend to determine stress on my dragons actual behaviors vs. those marks. ?

FrogLizard

Original Poster
Thank you! This makes a lot of sense, she loves to be held, and is super sweet, I was worried that I was doing something wrong. I guess she's just kind of built that way. Thank youuuu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom