Undigested phoenix worms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a male bearded dragon that is 6-7 months old. Lately he has been unable to defecate unless I give him bath, and each time he poops I notice that his stool contains alot of undigested or partially digested food. This has been going on for a bit two weeks now, and I am starting to get concerned.

To give you all an idea of my set up, he is in a 40 gallon terrarium with reptile carpet, two fake trees ( A large one under his heat lamp, and a small one on the cool side of his terrarium), and a small water dish. Temperatures in his basking spot range from 108 - to 115 degrees Fahrenheit, and he has an 22" 10.0 Reptisun UVB Light inside his terrarium. Humidity usually ranges from 20 - 30%.

His diet mainly consists of phoenix worms, carrots, and peas. I am not sure if I should take him to the vet, because he otherwise seems to be healthy. Does anyone have advice?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
115 degrees is too hot -- he needs temps 95-100 now --- I was going to say the basking temps are not hot enough but they are too hot w/ that 115 degrees --- how are you taking that temp? NO stick ons they are in accurate --- you need a digital probe thermometer ASAP if you dont have one--- UVB should be approx 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece --- this is important that placement and distance --- how many BSFL are you feeding? If he is gobbling them down fast they will come out undigested -- slow the feeding of them down -- I would put them on top of his salads like croutons --- have him watch you as you add them to his salad bowl -- but feed a little at a time-- are you feeding any other staple insect? a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder please start feeding greens and lay off the peas http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom