Undigested phoenix worms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a male bearded dragon that is 6-7 months old. Lately he has been unable to defecate unless I give him bath, and each time he poops I notice that his stool contains alot of undigested or partially digested food. This has been going on for a bit two weeks now, and I am starting to get concerned.

To give you all an idea of my set up, he is in a 40 gallon terrarium with reptile carpet, two fake trees ( A large one under his heat lamp, and a small one on the cool side of his terrarium), and a small water dish. Temperatures in his basking spot range from 108 - to 115 degrees Fahrenheit, and he has an 22" 10.0 Reptisun UVB Light inside his terrarium. Humidity usually ranges from 20 - 30%.

His diet mainly consists of phoenix worms, carrots, and peas. I am not sure if I should take him to the vet, because he otherwise seems to be healthy. Does anyone have advice?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
115 degrees is too hot -- he needs temps 95-100 now --- I was going to say the basking temps are not hot enough but they are too hot w/ that 115 degrees --- how are you taking that temp? NO stick ons they are in accurate --- you need a digital probe thermometer ASAP if you dont have one--- UVB should be approx 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece --- this is important that placement and distance --- how many BSFL are you feeding? If he is gobbling them down fast they will come out undigested -- slow the feeding of them down -- I would put them on top of his salads like croutons --- have him watch you as you add them to his salad bowl -- but feed a little at a time-- are you feeding any other staple insect? a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder please start feeding greens and lay off the peas http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom