nasty cut/scab. Possible shedding issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebediah

About a month ago my beardie has a small open wound just beneath his mouth. It scabbed up with a really big scab, and dried out. The scab then fell off, and i thought it was healed nicely, but it clearly wasn't as the same thing has happened again. He has now had this big scab for about 2 weeks.

Hasn't seemed to affect him. He is still eating normally etc

I don't know what caused it, but i was thinking it may have something to do with his shed. As far as i can tell he hasn't shed properly on his chin (i've now had him for 2 sheds) or on one side of his face. He seems to be very dry in that area and it doesn't look great. You can see it in the attached pic

Should i be worried about the scab? Is there anything i can do to help him? Is the shedding an issue? What can i do to help with that? He hates baths, and anyway it's not exactly in an area that would get wet.

Thanks
110233-2828595462.jpg

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. To me it looks like that could be mouth rot. I think a vet visit should be in order. If you have any raw unpasteurized honey you can dilute it with warm water and apply it with a Qtip. Make sure there are no bugs in his enclosure. I would do it at bed time.

Jebediah

Original Poster
destiny1998":3hp933ui said:
Hi. To me it looks like that could be mouth rot. I think a vet visit should be in order. If you have any raw unpasteurized honey you can dilute it with warm water and apply it with a Qtip. Make sure there are no bugs in his enclosure. I would do it at bed time.

Thanks so much for the reply. I read that mouth rot was sticky/cottage cheesy?

Either way, i have sent some photos to my vet and will see what he says.

Thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah, I don't think it's mouth rot, definitely an injury that needs attention though. Raw honey would be good on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom