Shedding or scale rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I have had my baby bearded dragon (she's around 12 weeks old) for about 4 weeks. Last week I noticed she was beginning to shed around her head and feet, and she began to be pretty grumpy and not wanting to be handled which I read was normal. She was also eating normally last week during the shed. She has still not shed her belly/back and I'm getting worried that she may have scale rot? Today she has been hiding a lot and had a really low appetite and has displayed stress marks all day. I also noticed a spot on her tail where it looks like shedding has begun - it isn't an ucler or yellow or anything like scale rot but thought it was worth mentioning. She has some white tiny spots on her belly and where she poos from that just look like skin. I gave her a bath today to try and help remove the loose skin so hopefully that works. Her temperatures seem to be all fine as well. Is she just unevenly shedding and her belly/back will shed soon? Is it normal for baby bearded dragons to take a while to shed?

Thank you!!

111254-8806604142.jpg

111254-940553025.jpg

111254-4259642121.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, she looks fine ! Uneven shedding is the norm with beardies and they don't need any help. The internet has caused a lot of panic with beardie owners when people ask about supposed scale rot and stuck shed. Other than fungal issues, those 2 things are so rare as to almost never be a problem. If you are concerned about her bellly + vent area you can post pics of that but there's almost never any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom