New bearded dragon mom !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to having a bearded dragon in my family so everything he does is new to me .... His head has these lil black dots on it , I’ve read that it’s because he is trying to suck up the lights warmth cuz he is cold but even when he is warm his head had the black bots on it still . Is there any other reason he would have them on his head?
111250-9150203205.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to beardie world :)
Could be just coloring -- how old is the dragon? Make sure you are using the correct lighting and basking temps ---- basking temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- stick ons are inaccurate--- a long tube for a UVB ---- NO coils they are inadequate!!!!!!! Cannot stress this enough -- NO sand for-- NO heat mats or rocks and NO colored bulbs please --- if you need help please ask we are here to help all we can

Heathergorh

Original Poster
I rescued Elliott from a really bad situation. I’ve had him for 11 months now . He is around 6 almost 7 years old . I have him in a 75 gallon tank . I’m def gonna have to get a temp gun , right now I have the probe ones . He is doing so much better now . Gained a lot of weight , when I first got him I took him to the vet he was 430grams now he is 570gram . I just noticed that his head has those black dots on it most of the time but once in a while they go away and his head is bright. His cage is the right temps . Got a UVB Light that is the whole length of the tank and have a bright not colored heating light . Just wanted to make sure he was ok .

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Basking bulb should be a bright white basking bulb -- your UVB is a Brand and Bulb please? and is it a T 5 or a T 8? Temp guns are good but the most accurate are the digital probe ones -- IR guns cannot read off of certain basking materials and hammocks--- so you have the right instrument for getting the most accurate temps-- :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Reptisun 10 T5 tube is a nice bulb so keep it around 10-12 inches from your dragon
mounted alongside of a basking bulb.
Those dark dots appear to be normal. They could be pigmentation as Karrie suggested. I
have noticed a number of them have those types of markings.
He looks very sweet!

Tracie

Heathergorh

Original Poster
Thank you for all your advice. Elliot has came along way. When I first got him he was skinny dirty and dehydrated. Considering where he has came from he is such a sweet , smart, loving boy. He loves to snuggle and sleep with me at night. I thought I was going to have a lot of problems with him because of how he was treated but there is not one problem I have had with him so far. July will be a year I’ve had him . He was 400 g when I first got him and I weighed him today and he is 645g . I am so thankful that I found him and that he found me because he has made my life so much better as much as I made his life so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom