Stress Marks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Hello! So I adopted my baby, Zayde in November 2020, from a local pet store. He was around a month old as I was told. So he's around 8 months old at the moment. He has grown like a weed, he eats like a pro, always trying new foods and he eats until he knows he's full. He doesn't mind being handled. However I notice that he almost always has light stress marks.. is this just because he's still young or is there another reason? Also, not sure he's a 'he" yet but hoping he is XD
I can post photos if needed :)

Thank you!
Abby

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
For sure!

His tank is a bit messy.. tomorrow is tank clean day.
102727-4764197008.jpg

this is the link to the UVB fixture https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AKKUBDQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, I just replaced the bulb it came with to the Reptisun 10.0 T5 bulb.

His heat bulb is a 125 watt bulb from tractor supply, I dont have a heat gun atm, however. But I'm almost positive his temps are around 100-110F

He acts completely normal as my other dragons I've had, just the marks never really go away.

102727-4922033330.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Distance should be 12-15 inches directly underneath- NO closer-- that bulb is too strong - this could be one reason for the stress marks-- do you ever see him sitting that close?

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh wow I didn't know it had to be that far away.. I was told 6-8 inches. I'll move it asap. He sits under it every so often but I dont see him directly under it very often.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
After you get the distance corrected watch the behavior and the stress marks

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay I moved the bulb. I'll watch him and see if anything changes. Thank you so much for your help!

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update: he has been basking more and not hiding, however the stress marks dont go away. they only lighten when I'm holding/feeding him then they come right back..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom