Stress Marks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Hello! So I adopted my baby, Zayde in November 2020, from a local pet store. He was around a month old as I was told. So he's around 8 months old at the moment. He has grown like a weed, he eats like a pro, always trying new foods and he eats until he knows he's full. He doesn't mind being handled. However I notice that he almost always has light stress marks.. is this just because he's still young or is there another reason? Also, not sure he's a 'he" yet but hoping he is XD
I can post photos if needed :)

Thank you!
Abby

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
For sure!

His tank is a bit messy.. tomorrow is tank clean day.
102727-4764197008.jpg

this is the link to the UVB fixture https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AKKUBDQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, I just replaced the bulb it came with to the Reptisun 10.0 T5 bulb.

His heat bulb is a 125 watt bulb from tractor supply, I dont have a heat gun atm, however. But I'm almost positive his temps are around 100-110F

He acts completely normal as my other dragons I've had, just the marks never really go away.

102727-4922033330.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Distance should be 12-15 inches directly underneath- NO closer-- that bulb is too strong - this could be one reason for the stress marks-- do you ever see him sitting that close?

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh wow I didn't know it had to be that far away.. I was told 6-8 inches. I'll move it asap. He sits under it every so often but I dont see him directly under it very often.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
After you get the distance corrected watch the behavior and the stress marks

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay I moved the bulb. I'll watch him and see if anything changes. Thank you so much for your help!

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update: he has been basking more and not hiding, however the stress marks dont go away. they only lighten when I'm holding/feeding him then they come right back..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom