Weight! Under or over??

Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
My beardie is only 5.5 months old so I understand I shouldn't be too concerned about him getting overweight BUT I don't want him to be overweight and have it continue into adulthood OR to put too much stress on his digestive system by overfeeding. Here are some photos from when I was concerned he was getting too chonky.

2-3 weeks ago:
full

one week ago:
full

So I started feeding him a little bit less and here is today AFTER he took a big poop:
full

full

Which looks healthier? Is he too skinny now or looking better?

Also, if anyone could tell me how to check for health fat pads that would be great. I DID notice that his fat pads feel a little less bulbous, more squishy, they were firmer before. His fat pads do not look deflated or sunken but they are definitely softer to the touch, is that good or bad? I know it would be bad if they looked sunken in but they still bump outwards a bit, just not as much as before.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He looks good now, does he eat salads + greens as well ? A little bit of a chunky belly is fine though.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Yes. I feed him kale, collard greens, dandelion greens, and sometimes veggies like bell pepper or zucchini. He gets a salad every day :) along with dubia roaches and the occasional hornworm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom